- Market Access and Capacity Strengthening for Nigerian Farmers
- Improving Market Access and Commercialization: Assessment of Scenarios with Policy Analysis Matrix
- Adaptation Options for sub-Saharan Africa in the Face of Climate Change
- The Economics of Rural Infrastructure
- Operationalizing Targets of the Government of Vietnam’s Policy Agenda for Agricultural Mitigation: Roadmap, Implementation, Institutions and Costs
- Addressing gender in agricultural research for development in the face of a changing climate: where are we and where should we be going?
- Informing climate policy through institutional collaboration: reflections on the preparation of Colombia’s nationally determined contribution
- Climate change and variability: What are the risks for nutrition, diets, and food systems?
- Health-motivated taxes on red and processed meat: a modelling study on optimal tax levels and health and climate-change co-benefits
- Characterizing 40-years of inter-regional migration in Southern Mauritania as a result of environmental changes
- Insurance structure, risk sharing, and investment decisions: An empirical investigation of the implications of individual and group weather index insurance
- Can Tanzania feed itself by 2050?: Estimating cereal self-sufficiency to 2050
- Aspirations and the role of social protection: evidence from a natural disaster in rural Pakistan
- Insuring against droughts: Evidence on agricultural intensification and index insurance demand from a randomized evaluation in rural Bangladesh
- Projecting regional climate and cropland changes using a linked biogeophysical-socioeconomic modeling framework: 2. Transient dynamics
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Sustainable smallholder agriculture will be the focus of IFAD’s major annual event, the 2012 Governing Council (Feb. 22-23). The highlight of Sustainable smallholder agriculture: Feeding the world, protecting the planet will be a discussion on Feb. 23 with Bill Gates, co-chair of … Continue reading
Climate-smart agriculture is receiving more attention than ever now that agriculture is on the table at global climate talks (see previous blog post). But critics from all over the climate change arena question climate-smart agriculture’s ability to be the three-point solution for … Continue reading
That question could define the next decade of development in Mozambique. In their paper Everyday Realities of Climate Change Adaptation in Mozambique, Luis Artur and Dorothea Holhorst paint a disheartening picture of the current issues facing the vulnerable people of Mozambique. … Continue reading
This week IFAD has been seriously evaluating the organization’s ability to assess impact and maximize the effectiveness of development programs. Click here to read more.
An important IFAD seminar organized to develop a “comprehensive strategy for evaluating and assessing the impact of development projects” was streamed live on January 31, 2012 at the IFAD webcasting site. IFAD asked the question, “How can we use impact evaluation to assure effective use of … Continue reading