- Market Access and Capacity Strengthening for Nigerian Farmers
- Improving Market Access and Commercialization: Assessment of Scenarios with Policy Analysis Matrix
- Adaptation Options for sub-Saharan Africa in the Face of Climate Change
- The Economics of Rural Infrastructure
- Operationalizing Targets of the Government of Vietnam’s Policy Agenda for Agricultural Mitigation: Roadmap, Implementation, Institutions and Costs
- Addressing gender in agricultural research for development in the face of a changing climate: where are we and where should we be going?
- Informing climate policy through institutional collaboration: reflections on the preparation of Colombia’s nationally determined contribution
- Climate change and variability: What are the risks for nutrition, diets, and food systems?
- Health-motivated taxes on red and processed meat: a modelling study on optimal tax levels and health and climate-change co-benefits
- Characterizing 40-years of inter-regional migration in Southern Mauritania as a result of environmental changes
- Insurance structure, risk sharing, and investment decisions: An empirical investigation of the implications of individual and group weather index insurance
- Can Tanzania feed itself by 2050?: Estimating cereal self-sufficiency to 2050
- Aspirations and the role of social protection: evidence from a natural disaster in rural Pakistan
- Insuring against droughts: Evidence on agricultural intensification and index insurance demand from a randomized evaluation in rural Bangladesh
- Projecting regional climate and cropland changes using a linked biogeophysical-socioeconomic modeling framework: 2. Transient dynamics
Category Archives: Program Activities
Operationalizing Targets of the Government of Vietnam’s Policy Agenda for Agricultural Mitigation: Roadmap, Implementation, Institutions and Costs
Vietnam’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are relatively low in the global context, but they are growing rapidly and will likely triple by 2030 unless significant mitigation options are undertaken. With over 60 percent of the population in Vietnam active in … Continue reading
This week IFAD has been seriously evaluating the organization’s ability to assess impact and maximize the effectiveness of development programs. Click here to read more.
An important IFAD seminar organized to develop a “comprehensive strategy for evaluating and assessing the impact of development projects” was streamed live on January 31, 2012 at the IFAD webcasting site. IFAD asked the question, “How can we use impact evaluation to assure effective use of … Continue reading
If you missed the live stream of the IFAD-IFPRI Workshop presentation, Decreasing Vulnerability to Conflict in Arab Countries through Rural Development, a recording of the event can be viewed on the IFAD Webcasting Site by clicking here. You may also … Continue reading
On January 19, a team from IFPRI’s Development Strategy and Governance Division will present research on the correlations between food security, poverty, and conflict in the Arab world. A live stream of the event will be available on the IFAD … Continue reading
Climate Change and Access to Markets in Mozambique If rural poverty is to be reduced , smallholder producers in Mozambique will require better access to high-value agriculture markets. At the same time, they will need to overcome emerging challenges to … Continue reading
Advanced Training In Trade Policy Modeling Held at the Institut Agronome Et Vétérinaire (IAV) Hassan II in Rabat, Morocco From March 15th-20th of 2010 IFPRI organized Advanced Training in Trade Policies Modeling for civil servants at the Ministry of Agriculture and the Office of Cereals. … Continue reading